Friday, January 3, 2014

If you were my gay father and I, your brazenly lesbian heir





 

I would follow your gaunt silhouette

 Against a static backdrop of black

 And white frames impeccable

Labyrinth,  antique furniture

With Daedalus wings constructed

out of wire hangers, crisp altar

 boy haircut hoping you would fall in love

Hoping you would notice

The subtle idiosyncratic pinch

My fingers slicing the gap

Between your palms

Shuffling through polaroid’s

 naked high school football players

posing after you bought them beer.





If you were my gay father and I,

Your lesbian heir I would

Bathe naked with you in Beech Creek

Forming a geodesic alphabet with

The neck of my limbs,

a public free swim

chlorine nipples buoyed

groomed musk of your neck

wanting you to breath me

into the ocean

 with the laconic

tic of your tongue.



If you were my gay father

I would pin barrette’s in your

scalp, read you Kate Millet

As you rotisseried in the sun

 Polish the bulb on every closet door

With scepters of Joy, whistle

Bicentennial chorus, boys

With the packages resembling

three-cornered hats, boutonnière

neon shingles illuminating overhead.

 
 
 
 
 
If you were my gay father
And I your lesbian heir
I would lie supine, listless in
The Mortuary you inhabited from your mother
Allow you to dissect my flesh
Incise my lower abdomen with
Grade school scissors, Elmers glue
 Grope my organs with latex
 dactyls, all
in the Sisyphus of your wrists.
 
 
 
 
 



If you were my gay father
And I, your brazenly lesbian heir
I would voluntarily
Walk with you
Into the flush of afternoon traffic
 A Beam of sun,  a high-
Pitched shriek, the velocity
Taste of chrome kissed
Cement
Planting myself over your grave
My heart, a concrete phallus
Odalisque  the chimney
To a fun home
We never found.
 
 

 
--Inspired by the tragicomic graphic novel FUN HOME by Alison Bechedel 
 
--written for Barbara Antoniazzi w. hugs...



1 comment:

  1. As a year long literary project every Friday in 2014 I will post a new poem based off a word, krazy phrase, ekphrastic connotation (ect). by a wayward yet pithy reader...today's inaugral entry is entitled IF YOU WERE MY GAY FATHER AND I, YOUR BRAZENLY LESBIAN HEIR is influenced by Barbara Antoniazzi..she is a sexy Italian no-non shit liteary scholar who teaches college kids in a very Virginia Woolf Orlandoesque castle in Germany. She is also a photographer, a mother, post-modern diletantte, a author and (above all) a friend....Barbara you found me....yer friendship is a blessing..here is your poem and (thank you) for being the inaugral victim.... and WE ARE IN THIS T'GETHER!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete